Observation 5

 More and more often when I’m using public transport, walking down the street or when I'm at school, I’m noticing that people are rarely using disposable plastic bottles and replacing them with reusable ones. I also not often see people who decide to buy a plastic bag in stores, most customers have their own and take them with them when shopping.

Perhaps it is the result of increasing public awareness of ecology, climate change and environmental pollution. Or maybe it’s about saving some money, because on a yearly basis for choosing these „ecological forms of life” you can collect quite a significant sum. However I am of the opinion that the first cause is the most likely. In these times of, as I said, environmental change, deforestation, air and river pollution those things very quickly get publicized by the media so people know about it. Publicizing such cases certainly helped in some way and opened the eyes of those who before downplayed the matter or thought it’s not important. Naturally, there are still individuals who do not believe this and do not intend to help our planet, but we are unlikely to change that.

Komentarze

  1. I also noticed this behavioural change - people reuse plastic bags at street markets and shops, e.g. to pack vegetables. It can be a cause for optimism, I suppose.

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Underwater pyramid in the Azores

Observation 7

Are polish people polite and kind?